Thursday, January 26, 2012
blessings?? Or not??
Today as I was taking a shower and getting dressed I was looking around. GOD really hit me with something, are the things that I have always looked at and called them my blessings really blessings?? Or are they burdens brought on by satan?? Hmm......I decided to break down a few and see how they rack up producing fruits of the Spirit. According to Galatians 5:22-23 says "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control." Looking at each, and what kind of fruit I produce through each proposed "Blessing." My husband and children, definitely from GOD, they bless me daily with so much, love, laughter, joy, peace, goodness. Sometimes I pray a lot about the patience, gentleness and self control, just kidding!! Hahaha, I did mention that I home school Gabby and Maggy right?? Jay's job? Hmmmm, I have always thought that it was a blessing from GOD that he had the job. But when I look at it from a Kingdom perspective, it keeps him away from us so much. Last night, he came in from work late, dinner was ready and before we even sat down he got paged out and as soon as he finished he had to leave. So he left about 6:30 and got home about 10:30. He asked for next week off but his boss turned it down, not to be ugly to Jay, but they just have so much going on. So, I ask again, blessing or burden?? Hmmm..... House?? Well, we have a house payment, so we are a slave to the mortgage company. Blessing or burden?? Van?? Which thank the Good LORD HIMSELF we only have one! We have a van payment of 356.00 a month. Slave to the lender, Blessing or burden?? That HUGE king size bedroom suite that we bought almost 4 years ago and paid (cough, cough) $5000.00 for, we made payments for 2 years! Blessing or burden?? The LORD is giving me some new eyes to see with. And everything is looking a lot different today. The things in this house do not give me joy the way that they used to. I long to be free from it. I long to be free to run after JESUS! I pray that HE takes these burdens from us before we leave for Africa. We are still praying about what to do when we come back. We do believe that we will come back for a season possibly. Because Hunter will be with us. Where will we live? I don't know that we can live anywhere cheaper than we live here. I am not sure what we are going to do. Still praying about this. But in HIS time HE will let us know. I am very excited that we are going to get the honor to go to Africa! To go to school and learn from all these people who have lived it, to learn from the very least of these. What an honor!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment